Interactive online CET “Papilloedema – Is it or isn’t it?” 16 March 2021 7.30-8.45pm
THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL BUT WE HAVE AVAILABILITY ON 6th APRIL 2021. PLEASE SEE OUR BOOKINGS PAGE.
“Papilloedema – Is it or isn’t it?” aims to:
* Describe the main features of papilloedema and pseudopapilloedema
* Discuss the examinations necessary in making a differential diagnosis
* Discuss risk factors involved for each DDx
* Discuss associated and important symptoms
* Discuss importance of record keeping and reference to old records where possible
* Discuss urgency of referral if referral is required
The session will assist practitioners in safely managing patients who are suspected of having swollen optic nerve heads.
There will also be an email contact to ensure that if there are any areas of misunderstanding these can be addressed by email correspondence.
Standards of practice.
2.7.7 Understand the differential diagnosis for papilloedema and the clinical information required in cases where an onward referral is required
Lorcan has 17 years of experience of working as optometrist in a variety of different settings, and is the College of Optometrists Council Representative for Northern Ireland.
Lorcan is involved in providing learning material to the optical sector on behalf of the Brain Tumour Charity.
Out of stock