Pre-Reg Support Workshops
Would like to get a better & more solid foundation in your knowledge base as you work through pre-reg? Do you feel that there may be gaps in your proficiency? Would you like to feel more confident in your decision making?
…then THIS is the programme you need!
The experienced Optometrists, supervisors, assessors and tutors at Out of the Box Optics have put together a 30-week programme, specifically tailored to support YOU through your Pre-reg.
Our topics will include:
- How to take an accurate and concise HISTORY
- Simplifying patient SYMPTOMS
- The basics of BV
- Confidence with CONTACT LENSES
- PAEDIATRIC Communication
- LOW VISION: An Introduction to Visual Impairment
- DISPENSING: Getting the basics right
- CONTACT LENS Problem solving
- CONTACT LENS fitting, management & aftercare
- CLINICAL DECISION MAKING
- Dealing with DRY EYES
- Prescribing for PAEDIATRICS
- OPTIC NERVE DISEASE (including GLAUCOMA)
- Understanding DIABETIC RETINOPATHY
- RED EYE management
- Simplifying VISUAL FIELDS
- Understanding systemic disease & medications
- DIPLOPIA: Assessment and management
- Common BV Complications
- Interpretation of OCT
- The fundamentals of your practical skills
- Stage 2 hints & Tips
Each live tutorial will be on a Sunday evening, & will consist of an interactive workshop, with ample time to ask questions.
You will also get discounted entry to: Stage 2 Preparation Webinars & OSCE Masterclasses
Normally, the series would cost £150…but if you sign up now, the ENTIRE series will be just £90.
Workshops will be recorded and viewable for up to 4 weeks after the session.